2010-2011 ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORE SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Ashley Furniture HomeStore Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of the state of Florida and Southeast Georgia, residing in any of the following Jacksonville/Brunswick DMA Counties – Florida: Baker, Bradford, Columbia, Clay, Duval, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Union; Georgia: Brantley, Charlton, Camden, Glynn, Pierce or Ware, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Ashley Furniture HomeStore (“Sponsor”), WTLV-TV12, WJXX-TV25, Gannett Co. Inc., other Sponsors/Prize providers, and each of their respective affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. Entry. The Sweepstakes Entry Period will begin at 5:00pm. ET on or about Monday, October 11, 2010 and end at 12:00 Noon ET Monday, April 11, 2011 (“the Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting the Ashley Furniture HomeStore Sweepstakes official registration page on firstcoastnews.com, and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Your computer must accept cookies or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button.
Maximum of One (1) entry per person.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any telephone connection, network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the sweepstakes.
4. Prizes and Odds. Monthly Winners – One (1) Monthly Winner each of the six (6) months of the Sweepstakes Period will receive a Vacation Voucher to use on one of three possible vacations: (a) 5-day trip to Cancun for two (2) adults and up to two (2) children, (b) 5-day Carnival cruise for two (2), 3-day trip to Las Vegas for two (2), as well as $300, in cash to cover fees and booking charges. (ARV of each prize $2,300.00 for a total ARV for 6 prizes of $13,800)
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000 worth of furniture and accessories, $2,000 worth of design services, a second $2,000 Vacation Voucher and $300 cash for an ARV of $14,300.00.
One (1) Second Place Prize Winner will receive a Sealy Queen Mattress Set with an ARV of $2,000. The total ARV of all prizes is $30,100.00.
Prizes include double occupancy hotel accommodations. With the exception of the Las Vegas trip that includes two (2) airline tickets from an approved point of origin to and from Las Vegas, costs of meals, air and ground transportation, gratuities, taxes, transportation to and from airport and all other expenses not specified above as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prizes may be subject to blackout periods and other restrictions may apply.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Selection. One Monthly Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about the 11th of each month of the six-month Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible entries received by the drawing date. One Grand Prize and One Second Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the 6 Monthly Prize Winners at the end of the Sweepstakes Period on or about April 29, 2011.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The 6 Monthly Prize Winners will be notified on or about the 11th of each month at the email address provided on Winner’s entry form. The Grand Prize and Second Place Prize Winner will be notified on or about April 29, 2011 in the same manner. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions allowed by winners. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Persons traveling as guest of a Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his/her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
9. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provisions. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the valid or enforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Ashley Furniture HomeStore Sweepstakes is sponsored by SFTF, LLC dba/ Ashley Furniture HomeStore, which is locally owned and operated, and whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after May 30, 2011) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit the Ashley Furniture HomeStore Sweepstakes official registration page on firstcoastnews.com, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners List/Official Rules (as applicable) Ashley Furniture HomeStore Sweepstakes, WTLV TV 12, 1070 E. Adams St., Jacksonville, FL 33202 Attn: Bonnie Solloway. If you have any questions regarding this sweepstakes, please contact Bonnie Solloway at email@example.com, or 904-633-8882.